Today’s lunch went like this:
Oh, protein pancakes, how I’ve missed you.
- 1/2 c almond meal
- 2 egg whites
- 1 T almond milk
- 1/2 mashed banana
- 1 T Health Warrior chia seeds
- 1 T cinnamon
Onto the skillet it goes (medium heat)
I then spread on some hazelnut butter and sliced banana
Of course since I am new to eating hazelnuts, I just had to see how they would benefit me nutritionally:
- Hazelnuts are rich in protein, fiber, and essential vitamins and minerals
- They contain a rich supply of phytosterols, a powerful antioxidant
- Like most nuts, hazelnuts are high in “good fats” which keep your heart healthy and mind alert
- They have a high concentration of oleic acid, an omega-9 fatty acid known for reducing blood pressure, preventing strokes and heart attacks; it’s also been known to prevent cancer, improve mental acuity, and boost memory
- Hazelnuts are also rich in alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
- Hazelnuts are one of the richest sources of vitamin E
Wow, learn something new everyday! While I wouldn’t use this as an excuse to go eat a jar of Nutella, like other nuts, it’s a good one to moderately incorporate into your diet.
For the record, I did in fact head to a 5:30 PM yoga class. Best decision I could have made today
I even arrived 20 minutes early to just lay on my mat and meditate. And by meditate, I mean try really hard to push negative thoughts out of my mind. I envy those who can easily “be present.” Anyone have any tips & tricks for becoming more present?
I picked up some dinner at Ellwood’s afterwards for some veggies.
Now I can’t wait to go curl up in bed and start my new book. Goodnight!
How was your Monday?