I’m a horrible blogger in that I took no pictures during my Thanksgiving dinner. I had neither my phone nor my camera anywhere near by, as all I wanted to do was sit back and enjoy the time with my family. Yet a lot of what I ate was made by me, and therefore kept by me, so I can show my meal through the eyes of leftovers
Spinach, goat cheese & pomegranate salad
This was a huge hit. I borrowed it from my friend Elizabeth after she wowed us with it during a dinner party
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup pomegranate vinaigrette (recipe below)**
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice (I used POM Wonderful)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (any neutral-flavored oil will do)
**Instead of the pomegranate vinaigrette, I made a balsamic vinaigrette using the following:
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon-style mustard
- sea salt and pepper to taste
I ate this leftover salad for lunch today, along with a side of last night’s roasted veggies
Roasted Sweet Potatoes & Brussels Sprouts
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2-3 cups brussels sprouts, cut in half
- olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, mix everything together, ensuring the vegetables are coated with oil, salt and pepper. Cook in a large baking dish 25-30 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender.
These two dishes together made a great lunch
Breakfast was even better.
Another contribution of mine just happened to be a pumpkin pie
Little did my sugar-addict of a nephew know, it is a low-sugar, vegan, no-bake pumpkin pie from The Spunky Coconut
Before you make a face, you couldn’t tell the difference. I swear.
I even had another tiny sliver for breakfast this morning
Granted it was on top of oatmeal. Something to be said for the fact it kept me full for hours – fueled me through a couple barre classes.
And an hour-long walk
I’m not saying to have pumpkin pie for breakfast though…
Other eats included:
- My mom’s cornbread stuffing –> amazing
- asparagus with a teriyaki glaze
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!